Saturday, April 4, 2009
99 Women (Behind Bars...Without Men) (1969)
Being that this was Jess Franco's maiden voyage into the "Women In Prison" genre, I thought he showcased a considerable amount of restraint with this flick. However, in my opinion, that didn't detract from the film itself. I enjoyed it and it even has a solid structure and fluid pacing to it considering it's a Franco flick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"...I thought he showcased a considerable amount of restraint with this flick. However, in my opinion, that didn't detract from the film itself". That is hysterical!
ReplyDeleteThis one is selling at a local cd/dvd shop and I have thought about buying a million times. Jess Franco stuff can be pretty hit or miss.
Have you ever seen this? It's fairly mild for a Franco flick. I agree with you that his films can be hit or miss.
ReplyDeleteIt is pretty tame compared to a lot of his other films. I liked it. One of the big reasons is because I really dig Rosalba Neri. I did like the music in it too.
ReplyDeleteYea, it is Keith. I liked it better than "Sadomania".
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to catch both the Hardcore and lesser version of this film for quite some time.
ReplyDelete-mAQ